Treat your dog like a star with these very healthy and safe homemade carrot dog treats which i called, “golden treats” due to their shape and golden color.
No need to buy junk treats at the grocery anymore, this has a cheaper cost and it’s filled with everything your dog needs to stay healthy.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 30 cookies
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/4 cup flax seeds
– 1 cup chickpea flour (i strongly recommend it) / http://amzn.to/2fLqTV5
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup (from Canada) – http://amzn.to/2feMMzL
– 1/2 cup apple sauce
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (extra virgin) / http://amzn.to/2fLsIRQ
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of grated carrots
– 1 cup of shredded apples
– 1 cup shredded cheese
What you need:
2 bowls | http://amzn.to/2gGgPkw
A mixer | http://amzn.to/2fYfSmd
A mold | http://amzn.to/2gsqN68
Cooking paper | http://amzn.to/2gswDEs
In the first bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, the flour, the baking soda and the baking powder.
A. In the second bowl, whisk together the eggs, the apple sauce, the coconut oil and the apple syrup
B. Then, add the first bowl to the second bowl and mix gently until evenly moistened.
Fold in the carrots, apples, cheese and mix a little bit.
Create small balls shape not bigger than your thumb using a mold or by your hand.
If you shaped it by hand, use a “non stick cooking paper” for baking the cookies.
Preheat oven at 400°F/200°C and bake during around 20 minutes.
+ Wait at least 1 hour until serving, it’s very hot ! +
1. Give maximum 2 cookies per day (1 is safe)
2. Because there is no preservatives, keep it for around a week in the fridge.
3. I strongly recommend chickpea flour over wheat flour due to some dog’s allergies.
4. Limit to 1 per day if your dog has diabetes. (you can remove the maple syrup if sugar is a concern)
* Omega-3 with vitamins B1. *
Studies have shown that flaxseed may have a protective effect against cancer. (i even have a story about a dog i rescued from cancer on stage 1 using flax seed oil and raw meat, i will try to make a video in future about it). It is very good for the liver as well.
Maple Syrup “made in Canada”:
* High in fiber, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins-C. *
Maple syrup has less sugar than honey and any other sugar sources and it’s 100% natural.
* Beta-carotene and high in fiber. Rich in vitamin A, C, K, B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese … *
Carrots are very good for the vision, it help to prevent cancer, promotes healthier skin and protects teeth and gums (you still need to remove the tartar of course to keep teeth healthy).
View this recipe in the website: http://www.happydoggy.tv/
Russian: Kate Wernher
Chinese: Zhu chun Ju