👉 Like what we do? Consider buying on Amazon using our affiliate link.
unrelated note: L2 Computer tried to scam us out of 00 by selling us junk chips. NEVER FORGET! click for details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ2vNGNWzTI
In this video we will be replacing the keyboard on a real liquid damaged A1278 2009-2010 model Macbook Pro.
This video will have no special effects or speed up or cut ins & out, so you can follow along in realtime as you repair your own laptop, and use this video as a guide. This is an actual spill damaged machine, not a brand new machine, meaning this video will expose problems over the course of the repair that other videos working on “ideal” machines do not. While inside the laptop we will be ultrasonically cleaning spill damage off of the motherboard, we will clean the backlight layers, we will reapply thermal paste & clean the heatsink/fan so the computer runs cooler, and we will clean the keyboard holes in the casing so that the new keyboard feels just as it did when the laptop was new.
Some people have been asking why if the board is corroded, we charge extra money. Allow me to clarify.
We clean the board when we do the keyboard repair as a courtesy, often for no extra fee,, because we care about the machines I work on. This motherboard did get thrown in the cleaner, with barely any corrosion on it. However, if your machine is corroded very badly; talking large patches of green and blue around important components, we often charge you extra for the cleaning because those components are going to fall off in the cleaner. They may fall off in the very process of removing the board.
Not doing this extra work of replacing the corroded components on your motherboard will very likely lead to the thing dying a week after we fix it, and that’s no good for both of us.
So, if your board is heavily corroded, there may be an additional fee. It is your choice whether to pay this additional fee or not, but we will offer it if we feel it is necessary.
✖ Scroll down to find FULL LIST of equipment we use below + support forum link!
✖ Buy a right to repair mousepad or t-shirt! http://bit.ly/2eOkg8G
✖ Rossmann Repair Group Inc is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://amzn.to/2cYISqZ
⊙ Need help? Check out our forum at http://www.rossmanngroup.com/boards where we answer Macbook logic board repair questions for /mo.
✖ Repair Service:
▶ Local to NYC? Our store offers free estimates on all Macbook problems. http://bit.ly/RossmannLocalBoardRepair
▶ Outside New York? We provide service to the entire U.S. via mail-in service! http://bit.ly/RossmannGlobalBoardRepair
👉 Are you a business looking to outsource board repairs? Open a business account with us to receive wholesale rates. http://www.rossmanngroup.com/wholesale
👉 Do you have an existing store that offers Macbook repair? Want to get into board repair? Check out our 1 on 1 tutoring sessions where we teach board repair: http://bit.ly/1on1Tutoring
✖ TOOLS USED:
● Flux: http://bit.ly/2cYIx7t
● Solder paste: http://bit.ly/2epK1JE
● Soldering Iron: http://amzn.to/2cKkMyO
● Preferred tip: http://amzn.to/2d5MgPn
● Micro Soldering Pencil: http://amzn.to/2d5MWUP
● Micro soldering tip: http://amzn.to/2eYrF4a
● Hot Air station: http://amzn.to/2d5M7Lw
● Hot Air EXPENSIVE: http://amzn.to/2cYI6tY
● Tweezers: http://amzn.to/2d5NBpi
● Multimeter: http://amzn.to/2cYJY5T
● Multimeter Probes: http://amzn.to/2cKkvMh
● Fume Extractor: http://amzn.to/2d5MGoD
● Microscope: http://amzn.to/2cYIMjg
● Microscope LED light: http://amzn.to/2d5Mh5T
● Solder: http://amzn.to/2cKkxUp
● Ultrasonic Cleaner: http://amzn.to/2cYJqgk
● Branson EC cleaning fluid: http://amzn.to/2cKlBrp
● Jumper wire THIN: http://amzn.to/2eqF5T7
● Jumper wire THICK: http://amzn.to/2eAJ5AU
● Nitrile gloves: http://amzn.to/2iUfumS
Bench PSU: Agilent 6542
✖ RECORDING EQUIPMENT:
● Work camera: http://amzn.to/2eA6i5f
● Home camera: http://amzn.to/2eAH0oT
● Work microphone: http://amzn.to/2e74PVF
● Home microphone: http://amzn.to/2eA7ndd
● Microscope camera: http://amzn.to/2eeICIX (currently produced) http://amzn.to/2eYvh6j (mine, discontinued)
● HDMI capture: http://amzn.to/2dt6Yxj